Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Has it been a whole year...................

It's so hard to believe that a whole year has passed since this little guy came into our arms for the first time. When I look at this picture that we took our first night together my heart just breaks. I remember how sad he was on that first day. His little life had changed drastically in just a matter of minutes and so had ours. Thankfully it didn't take him long to adjust to us, by the next morning he was showing us his bubbly personality. I told some one recently that you've heard of a "party in a box", well he's our "party in a boy"! He is extremely happy and never meets a stranger. He is a joy and I am so blessed to call him my son. Here he is after just a few hours with us clinging to his soccer ball and a snack bowl.
This picture was taken at Clara Beth's birthday party last August. Emanuiel had been home about three weeks. This is more like our happy little fellow.

What a ham, here he is in December clowning around on a motorcycle.


Our sweetie at the beach in June.




What a difference a year makes! This little guy brings so much laughter into our hearts and home. We love watching him grow and can't wait to see what the future holds. As I am writing this he runs over squealing "mommy" and wraps his little arms around me for one of my MANY hugs for the day. God is so good!!!
In May of 2008 we were told that we would not be able to bring this little guy home. The CCAA had denied our request, we prayed fervently for God's will to be done. I clung to this verse because God showed it to me over and over again in my quiet time and devotionals: "Therefore, I tell you all the things you pray and ask for- believe that you have received them, and you will have them." Mark 11:24. After four very long weeks our agency(CWA to whom we are forever grateful)called us and told us that the CCAA had granted our request and that Emanuiel would be ours. This wonderful news came on June 8, 2008, my late father's birthday, who was also named Emanuiel.
CWA is now sponsoring a special needs program called Project Hope to bring children and families together from China and Ethiopia. If you feel the urge, pray about it, God will provide for what He calls you to do. He may be calling you to adopt.....................
Until next time....................
I'll leave you with another verse that sustained us during that difficult time of waiting:
"Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."
Philippians 4:6
Robin




4 comments:

Nancy B said...

WOW what a year makes in a little boys live and yours. Happy Gotcha day!!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy One Year!! The man upstairs always has us covered......I am so glad that everything worked out and Emanuel is right where he belongs.......with you:)

Lisa

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a sweet post! He is just a doll and has grown so much since that first pic. What an amazing story of God's love for us and our sweet children. Bless you on this special day! Happy Thursday!!!

Unknown said...

God is good, isn't he! Can't wait to have this 'party in the box' this school year!