Friday, March 20, 2009

My Big Guys Big Adventure

For some time now Paul has wanted to take Land on a Father and son trip. He looked at several different places trying to find just the right one. Land loves history and exploring new cities, so with that in mind, Paul decided on Boston, Mass. He planned everything and kept it all a secret until about two weeks ago. During dinner one evening he let the cat out of the bag. I wish you could have seen his face! Paul had printed up an itinerary that included a picture and handed it to him. He couldn't believe it. Thursday was finally the big day....... Here they are right before they left for the airport. All ready for their big adventure!
On the plane headed to Boston!!!

Here's Land in Boston beginning his walk on the Freedom Trail.


Dad on the Freedom Trail. Yes, they left 70 degree weather here in the sunny south, to go where the high was 38 degrees!!! Burrrrrrrrrr



It seems that every time I talk to them all they are doing is eating!! Here is Land in front of the Durgin Park restaurant. We were there about 18 years ago(where does the time go) and Paul said it was still just as much fun. He enjoyed the Yankee Pot Roast while Land had ribs and I am sure some Boston Baked Beans! Today they were heading out for some New England Clam Chowder. Yum , I just wish I was there with them to enjoy it, but alas, the little ones and I are at home holding down the fort while my big guys enjoy the sights and sounds of Boston.
We do miss them but we know they are having a GREAT time together.
Please join us in praying for God to lead them safely as they travel.
Exodus 13:21 NIV
By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.
Until next time.....................
Robin




5 comments:

Anna Kayla said...

I just can't believe we were there 18 years ago! I'm not that old! It can't be! =)

eastandwest said...

What a great father/son trip! You have a very special family!

The 5 Bickies said...

What an awesome trip for your two biggest boys! I love the idea of a father/son trip. That is something Land will remember forever!

Alyson and Ford said...

What a wonderful father and son trip! The care and love that went into it will surely create a special bond.


Alyzabeth's Mommy for Six Months!
Celebrate the Six Month with a giveaway on our blog!

Carmi said...

What fun! Doug and I went to Boston once and walked the Freedom Trail. That was BC (before children)!