Thursday, October 09, 2008

Hanging Out at Home and Fun Times at the Fire Department

Tonight thankfully we didn't have anything that we had to do or any where we had to be. So we just hung around the house. Paul was working outside so I went out to keep the little ones out of his way for a while. Land was at a football game with friends. Things were going well until they decided to play some kind of crawl down the steps game. Fearing injury I had to steer them in another direction and quick.
Clara Beth wasn't as anxious to leave the steps as Emanuiel was. She took a little more coaxing. I finally was able to lure both of them in the house with the promise of letting them help me cook. Yes, you read that correctly!! So in we went with much excitement I might add.
Once inside the measuring and mixing began. It was a simple menu for tonight. The weather was cool so we had decided to have "breakfast" for dinner. Here are the little chefs stirring away.
Of course they had to do a little tasting too!
Clara Beth assured me the muffins they were mixing up were ready for the oven.
Here's just a little peek at our dinner. Paul makes fabulous French Toast and tonight was no exception. We also enjoyed biscuits, scrambled eggs, milk and juice. It was all YUMMY!!!
After our "Manic Monday" we went out for dinner on Tuesday(Mexican, one of our favorites) and then off to the Fire Department to celebrate Fire Safety Month. They had a great time.
Possible future fire fighter.
Too cute but an oh so heavy hat!!
And the best part of all we met up with family that we had not seen in a while. They all had a great time together. That's just a little glimpse into what we've been up to this week. Tomorrow begins the weekend and we have fun plans ahead. We can hardly wait.
Remember:
He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.
Proverbs 11:25
I hope you all have a refreshing and restful weekend.
Until next time..................
Robin

3 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Your two little cooks are adorable!

We love doing breakfast for dinner in this house!

Looks like the kids had a great time visiting the fire department...by now I am sure they are all experts in fire safety!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time together! There is nothing better than breakfast for dinner- and your two cooks were adorable! I know they had a ball. I love the fire dept pics- what a great time. I was just wondering where in SC you live. I am on the GA/SC border and wondered if we lived close to each other. You can email me privately if you wish...
Blessings,
Sharon

Ryter said...

Aww....keep 'em cooking. It will serve you in good stead on those days when you are old and weary and don't want to do it yourself. LOL